17/19 November 2011
hosted by the Cyprus Community Media Centre
The Community Media Forum Europe (CMFE) is pleased to announce that its 1st Annual Conference will take place in the United Nations Buffer Zone in Nicosia, Cyprus, on 17/19 November 2011, and will be hosted by the Cyprus Community Media Centre (CCMC).
The plenary sessions will focus on the following themes:
- The state of Community Media in Europe
- Community media, intercultural dialogue and participation
- Towards an enabling environment for Community Media in Cyprus
- Opportunities and challenges for Community Media in Europe: the way ahead
The parallel sessions will aim to
- Showcase best practices of CMFE members, both in traditional presentation formats and practice-based workshops;
- Discuss European Community Media research, policies and practices.
Submissions for presentations and full panels are encouraged, but not limited to
- Best practices of Community Media projects (radio, tv, web, print, cross- platform)
- Country-specific and comparative Community Media Policy studies
- Community Media and the potential for the promotion of diversity, multiculturalism, storytelling and reconciliation
- Community Media in conflict zones, or post-conflict societies
- Community Media, pluralism and diversity
- Community Media, access and participation
- Community Media and digital broadcasting
- Community Media: social, economic and institutional sustainability
- Qualitative and Quantitative approaches to audience research in Community Media
- Community Media and Civic Value
- Community Media, Gender and Equality
- Community Media and multilingualism in society & media
- Community Media, Social Media and web 2.0
Abstracts of 300 words max for papers, panels and practice-based presentations should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 20 September 2011. Panel proposals should include a panel abstract (300 words) along with abstracts for each of the papers.
Accepted abstracts will be notified by 7 October 2011, with registration to start on 10 October 2011.
Further information as locations, directions, suggested accommodation and conference programme will be available on the conference website at:
The CMFE General Assembly will also take place at the conference premises on the morning of 17 November 2011.
This event is co-organised by the Community Media Forum Europe (CMFE) and the Cyprus Community Media Centre (CCMC), hosted by the Cyprus Community Media Centre (CCMC), and supported by the European Union under the 'Europe for Citizens Programme 2011' and the United Nations Development Programme, Action for Cooperation and Trust in Cyprus (UNDP-ACT).
Contact address for information requests: email@example.com
-- =========================================================================== Salvatore Scifo ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ph.D Candidate, Communication and Media Research Institute (CAMRI) University of Westminster www.westminster.ac.uk/camri TÜBITAK Visiting Research Fellow (2011/2012), Istanbul =========================================================================== Executive Board Member / Webmaster, ECREA E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: http://www.ecrea.eu =========================================================================== European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA) 4th European Communication Conference Istanbul, 24-27 October 2012 www.ecrea2012istanbul.eu =========================================================================== Secretary, Community Media Forum Europe (CMFE) E: email@example.com W: http://www.cmfe.eu =========================================================================== CMFE is a network of policy experts, organizations and federations, which aim to support the role of Community Media in Europe. Registered in Belgium as an International NGO, business n.0822992342 Supported by the EU under the 'Europe for Citizens Programma 2011'